4/18/2012

Posted DJ Mix & Interview (ENG.)


posted my DJ Mix & short interview in Impulse Creator.
check out this site & if you cant reading Hungarian, please check this english works. have fun!

http://forum.drumandbass.hu/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13106
DJ Mix

http://www.drumandbass.hu/cikk.php3?cid=1233
Interview



1. You have not been long in the drum and bass scene. Tell us something about yourself, what do you do, where do you live, things like that.
Actually, I'm involved in the drum and bass scene for almost 10 years. But yes, I started releasing production lately. I'm Velocity, Tokyo based drum and bass DJ and Producer.

2. When and how did you get in touch with DnB? Who inspired you the most?
I got in touch with drum and bass around beginning of year 2000, when I saw DJ Krust. As a DJ, DJ Zinc inspired me the most.

3. There’s only little information that Europeans know about Japanese DnB. How is DnB in Japan? What are the current happenings out there?
Japanese drum and bass scene is quite old in a historical way. In the mid 1990's a party called "Drum&Bass Sessions" kicked off and it is still active in the scene. Also there are various Japanese producers challenging to oversea scenes. My activities are based on party called "Human Elements" which Makoto is the host of the party.

4. If I’m right you’re the A&R manager of the label HE led by Makoto. What are your tasks in this position?
Yes. Its called "HE:Digital". Basically what we're doing is exploring and sharing high quality drum and bass productions around the world. My tasks and position is to considerate the future of its label and managing the contracts of productions as HE:Digital with Makoto.

5. What are the plans for 2012 at HE?
I can't tell the details yet, but soon my release is upcoming from HE:Digital. Me and also Makoto's tracks are in progress.

6. You first EP ’Concentration’ came out in December 2011. How would you describe it for those who might not have heard of it yet? What are the feedbacks like so far?
This EP was a great opportunity for me to let the scene recognize my tracks. I was honored that Radio 1xtra, Ministry of Sounds supported these tracks. Overall, most of the tracks are melodious, and I'm confident that I expressed my root of music as drum and bass throughout-out this EP. I want to thank Makoto the label owner, Key Mc who supported me thorough productions, Hiro who designed my EP jacket.

7. What are your plans for the future? Your sound is close to Makoto’s. Do you plan on moving towards different styles like with ’Sold out’?
I think comparing one's music is not a big deal for me, and I'll do as I want it to be. It might be smooth or deep, maybe it won't be drum and bass…lol But, I would like to keep producing drum and bass musics.

8. What do you do when you start making music? Based on your EP, piano and funk samples seem to be you favourite ones. Do you start with them?
Basically I would start off from the melody. Then, I'll start making drums and basses which fit to the melody. sometime I'll play the piano by-myself, sometime I'll use the samples. Whats in my mind is that I want to bring back the music which  originally inspired me.

9. Who are your favourite producers at the moment? Could you drop us your recent TOP 10 selection?
My favorite producers at this moment are Pennygiles, Loz conteras, DJ Chap. In Japan my good mates, Ena, Heavy1 are really great producers.
My Top 10s are,

01 Velocity - Lunar Prospector
02 Makoto - Girl I'm Comin Back 2 U (Random Movement Remix)
03 DJ Chap - Inna Streets
04 Dave Owen - Short Sighted
05 Paul SG & Jay Rome - Supersticious
06 Marky & S.P.Y - Ultra Nova
07 Pennysiles - Au Revoir Blackbird
08 Klimax & Liam Motive - Smile In The Future
09 Heavy1 & Pete Fine - The Thought Police
10 Key & Velocity - Glacial Epoch

10. You’re performing our brand new IPC mix. What can we expect?
Throughout-out this IPC mix, I would like to play as usual, mixing my tracks and also tracks from my mates.
Thanks for checking me in! Please visit the links below for more further infos. Watch our for my upcoming release!!!

http://www.facebook.com/velocitytokyo
http://soundcloud.com/velocity7nine


v

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿